Being sick sucks!

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category:
You feel icky, tired, sleepy and just want to crawl under the covers and sleep for days. I think I've slept 30+ hours in 2 1/2 days and I still feel like crap. Well, a little bit better than a few days ago, but I miss my old self! Thankfully it's not one of those hacking cough colds or the runny nose one. It's the head congestion, body ache, chills, and sneezing one. Then when you think you are feeling like your old self, by the the end of the day you feel like you've been run over by a steam roller. It could also be that my fibromyalgia and arthritis is kicking in and my body is going to crap...but that's another story. Anyhow, enough about my ailments. It's Saturday. I should be out doing fun things but I don't have the energy. I'm going to try to write a bit and maybe go out for some lattes later but for now I'm going to keep popping those meds and drinking my EmergenC and hope that come Monday I'll be in tip-top shape to deal with my demanding boss who has just spent two weeks skiing and getting 2 hour massages every day. What a hard life!

Sigh...I did by $7 in super lotto tickets!

The highlight of my day will be trying to stay awake to enjoy my weekend.

3 Responses to "Being sick sucks!"

EL PADRONE Says :
12:21 PM

It's what we call flu in the UK and you have my sympathy ; it's horrible.

Having said that drinking yourself senseless is one option for dealing with it (medication or not). By the time you sober up 5 days later the flu's gone and you feel like crap anyway.

Hope you get better soon.

M.

Portia Da Costa Says :
9:16 AM

Oh dear, poor you, Jax! There's a lot of 'flu going around here and what you have sounds exactly like it.

Hope you're not getting a fibro/arthritis flareup... I can sympathise, as have both of those myself, and when they both strike together it can really bring you down.

Fingers crossed that you manage to get some rest over the w/e and feel much better soon.

Love

WendyPortia

Jax Cassidy Says :
11:53 AM

Thanks for your concern! :) I'm in better spirits today and still feel yucky, achy, etc. but at least I have one free day until my work week starts up again. You know I'm not in my right mind when my best friend offers to take me to a spa for my fibro and I pass on it! haha

Post a Comment