Party weekend...

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: ,
I should be writing. I should be working on my 5 year plan so I can quit my day job. I've got so much to do and the end of the year is near. I have not had a wink of sleep since yesterday and now it's making me paranoid. LOL

I've been really getting into music of late. I need it to get me through the next scene. I should be working on my deadline yet I keep coming back to this HQ Spice Brief. I should just write it and get it over with. I'll use it as a warm up exercise until I can get going on the real deal.

I've got 3 new clients on my web list...book covers, deadlines...how do I cram this all in? We'll see...they say the body doesn't really need sleep. I guess I'm testing that theory. Is that why older folks get up at the crack at dawn and sleep in the wee hours of the night? Wow, I'm too young to feel this way.

My supervisor Miz D tells me I need to find myself a man so he'll keep me in bed. Apparently I'm nuts for getting up so early and coming home so late from work. Problem is, I think I'd still be doing the same thing even if I had a bed warmer! I think I need counseling for "Workaholism". Is that possible? Believe me, if I had my way I'd simply be at home writing and painting...I can say this is by pure necessity.

...There's a whole lot of holiday parties out there. I'm too lazy to find a dress. At work we have a "Kids Holiday Party" where the employees bring in their brats to meet Santa. There's a talent show and a mini zoo...YIKES. I went to see my friend's tots and then I was struck by a room full of cryers and runners. If I ever wanted children before, I have decided to re-think it! I had to vacate the premises rather quickly because I was a bit overwhelmed...How does Santa do it?

I am popping some aspirin and escape into the comfort of my empty apartment and a bottle of wine! Cheers! To a good Friday night...


Song: The Glass Parade
Artist: Cary Brothers


Just a voice inside you head
Whispering all the hope is dead
All the times you had to prove
That no one really loves you

I found you in a reflection
You didn't want me to see
I will give you all I have
Just look up, break down and believe

This is a glass parade
A fragile state
And I am trying not to break
And the stars are shining
The moon is right
And I would kill to be with you tonight

Wish you told me all the truth
So afraid to face an absolute
All the fights you had to lose
All the fear was put upon you

I found you when you were broken
Too many cracks of deceit
I will give you all I have
Just look up, break down and believe

This is a glass parade
A fragile state
And I am trying not to break
And the stars are shining
The moon is right
And I would kill to be with you tonight

This is the feeling, falling
So much I want to say
Show me the same emotion
Show me what's at stake
And how much can you take
When you realize your fate?

Hold me now as the car lights fade
And we are dancing in the glass parade
Dancing in the glass parade
We are dancing in the glass parade

It's just a voice inside your head

0 Responses to "Party weekend..."

Post a Comment