Avoiding duties

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category:
I've got a stack of work on my desk at home and work. I've got another stack of bills. Hummmm....I don't like to tackle either.

I think I'll try to warm up with some writing tonight in between web work. I am also trying to get through last minute edits on my novella before it goes to press. Sigh.

I'm back to listening to my girl Brandi Carlile again. With this week's rain gracing its presences on LA, I have been listening to a song that fits right into the cold, dreary, wet weather. Thankfully it stopped raining two days ago!

Don't get me wrong, I love the rain when I'm indoors. I like snuggling under the blanket and watching the tube or listening to music and trying to catch up on my naps. Sometimes it's especially fun if I could roll around with a hot stud while the rain beats against the window...but that's what authors write about! LOL -- Sometimes I just like listening to it and the rhythm is often like a caress, a storytelling which really makes me sad, nostalgic or gets me to think....not that I have much time for thinking! Well, I know Orlando will have no shortage of rain and I'm sure I'll be indoors quite a lot writing to it. I'm getting more excited about the prospect of being unemployed...That's when I look to my bills and know I should at least apply for Starbucks! LOL

Song: Downpour
Artist: Brandi Carlile
Album: The Story
Year: 2007


I'm like the rain in a downpour
I wash away what you long for
And I wave goodbye with the sun in my eyes
I wish I could be there tonight

I'm like the wind in the canyon
I'm there then I'm gone in a second
You're growing older in peace where you're at
I wish I could be there for that
But I've moved on
Like a rolling stone
In a crowded room
I'm alone

I'm like the rain in a downpour
I wash away what you long for
And I wave goodbye with the sun in my eyes
I wish I could be there tonight
Oh, oh, yeah

You're like the tide in the deep blue
Cause you're always there when I need you
And when you need someone to carry you through
I'm gonna be there for you
I'm gonna be there for you

0 Responses to "Avoiding duties"

Post a Comment