Darn you Mercury in Retrograde!

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: , ,
No more pity parties going on here so suck it up ... in fact, today I'm going to list things that I've accomplished and have kept me sane during this recession, writing funk, life's idea of a joke, Mercury in Retrograde...








1. My friend KWANA inspired me to knit. So I went out of my comfort zone and made a decision that I will learn and do it this year...I went out and bought almost $100 worth of knitting equipment, yarns, and books to get me started. Sometimes the things you think you can't achieve, you find yourself doing....

<---- That's my handiwork over there. It will someday be a scarf. This picture is not the current progress, it's coming along nicely, thankyouverramuch. :)



2. I learned how to bake and I've pretty much perfected the rum cake. Next, I'm going to try my hand at scones and move onto something really complicated...Madeleine!


3. My first book signing in Texas was at Barnes & Noble in Hurst, TX. It was a success and I got to reconnect with many of my friends. I've always loved doing these because I get to meet the people who read my books or will be reading my book for the first time. It gives you a nice warm feeling because for one day you feel special.




4. A few months ago I started a secret project. It's a romance about a half Vietnamese, half English woman who works for a non-profit organization and is sent to an impoverished rural part of Vietnam. There, she helps the villagers and learns more about herself in the process...including her heritage.

A few days ago, I was researching Asian charities that I wanted to volunteer for. My heart stopped when I came across one particular website--I've just stumbled across a charity that was almost exactly what I was writing about. This was an organization I can see myself being passionate about. It encompasses the same ideas that I hoped to develop for a non-profit I will someday create. I can imagine that in the coming years I'll be focusing all my energies into working with them once my life is back on track. Everything I do, all my successes comes down to one thing--helping others. This organization, Love Across the Ocean focuses on helping the impoverished people in my country. I'm Vietnamese and my desires have always been to help the orphans, the schools, the people who need the help but can't get it. If I can better their lives, help educate them in some way, by providing knowledge and the essential tools to be self-sufficient, there lives would be impacted for the better. You know the old saying, 'knowledge is power'...it's so true on so many levels. This project would also help reduce the human trafficking numbers and allow children to be children without fear. If the impoverished were educated, their decisions would be based on knowledge and not fear. My dream has always been to build great things and I know it's a long-term goal, but it's something I'm going to accomplish in my lifetime. Philanthropist? I hope so. I'm going to try to start with this organization and hopefully someday I'll see what I can truly accomplish...

5. Last, but most importantly, I took a big chance after several broken hearts. But not like this time around. This time, I fell in love with the most incredible man in the world! I'm not just saying it ... Mr. Right supports everything I do. He loves me unconditionally--knowing all my flaws--and we actually communicate and we laugh. Even in the face of so much adversity, he is my cloud that carries me. He is my hero...every hero I've ever written about...even before we ever met. Sometimes when I look at him, I almost believe he's jumped right out of the pages of one of my romance novels! At times it's a little scary :) -- but in a good way. He gives me a reason to get up every morning and do the best that I can. He makes me feel alive and he's made me less selfish because now I understand everything I do is for the both of us...not just me. Yes, I'm crazy for him and I don't think I'll ever find this kind of connection with anyone ever again ... Love is really what makes the world go around.

On that note. What have you accomplished? What do you want to accomplish? What can you do to pass the torch of positivity to someone else? Each person does make a difference and I've always said that random acts of kindness makes a huge impact. Try it.

Dying to know about Mercury in Retrograde? Go HERE to learn about it.

Here are the dates of upcoming Mercury in retrograde events....

- 2009 -
12 Jan Mercury turns retrograde 8 Aquarius
1 Feb Mercury turns direct 22 Capricorn
8 May Mercury turns retrograde 2 Gemini
30 May Mercury turns direct 23 Taurus
8 Sep Mercury turns retrograde 6 Libra
29 Sep Mercury turns direct 22 Virgo
27 Dec Mercury turns retrograde 22 Capricorn

- 2010 -
15 Jan Mercury turns direct 6 Capricorn
19 Apr Mercury turns retrograde 13 Taurus
11 May Mercury turns direct 3 Taurus
21 Aug Mercury turns retrograde 19 Virgo
12 Sep Mercury turns direct 5 Virgo
11 Dec Mercury turns retrograde 6 Capricorn
30 Dec Mercury turns direct 20 Sagittarius

4 Responses to "Darn you Mercury in Retrograde!"

Kwana Says :
2:25 PM

What a post Jax. I'm so proud of your knitting. Yay!! I'm so awed of your heart and your spirit. You really show a person how live. Thanks so much.

Jax Cassidy Says :
6:28 PM

Thanks Kwana! I'm glad we are knitting buddies now :) It so addictive because you're so anxious to finish something. I didn't sleep until 4 AM when I started knitting. It was fun after I got the hang of it.

Jeannie Lin Says :
7:08 AM

Love Across the Ocean sounds like a wonderful charity! My heart is definitely in education and building schools in Vietnam is something that will have a lasting impact for the people there.

Hmmm...Mercury in retrograde. That explains a lot. Can't wait for things to sweep forward again, but it will happen. Fear not!

Robin Says :
7:04 PM

Hi, Jax! I'm always in awe of you - always. You do so much and really are an inspiration. I loved reading this post and am sending a hug your way!

Post a Comment