Counting Down

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: , ,
I can't believe in a matter of weeks I'll be in Washington DC! I finally got my dress, although it's a simple black dress, yet it's so verra lovely...unfortunately, it needs to be altered because of my petite build. Now, since I'm getting my seamstress to work on it, I'm going to do some creative re-design to to make it a one-of-a-kind original. :) Why not tap into my inner fashion designer? I know Norma Kamali will cringe but a woman knows what parts to accentuate and what parts to conceal. LOL

I'm figuring out ways to make some extra cash before the conference. It's amazing how much money a person spends at these events...I don't even want to think about past expenses. This year everyone's on a budget so I don't feel so bad about being conservative. I think the more you attend conferences, the more you know what to expect so I am feeling good about what to focus on this year. I've never been to DC so hopefully I will have a little time to do some sightseeing. It's going to be a photographer's dream trip. I'm lugging my camera so I'll be ready for those Kodak moments. There's definitely going to be a lot of high points, including seeing some of my best girl friends...and a few new girl friends I only know virtually. It's going to be a great time. Hopefully I'll even have a chance to pitch some of my projects to prospective editors. I hate pitching and I know I'll be a dork if I have to, but I'll be prepared. Gosh, so much to do including some promo items. Maybe I should make a list.

I guess I'll start at the top of the list... 1. Finish Project X proposal and get ready to pitch!

5 Responses to "Counting Down"

Maria Geraci Says :
6:57 AM

Can't wait to see you (and the little black dress!) DC will be a blast:)

Kristen Painter Says :
7:40 AM

I wish it weren't so expensive too, but it's going to be awesome to see you!

Abigail Says :
9:38 AM

You are going to have sooooo much fun! I'll be in Jamaica that week but already looking forward to RWA 2010. Hope to see you way before then!

December Says :
11:50 AM

I'll be there too- can't wait to meet you!

I'm glad I went to my state RWA, I feel a little better prepared for the natls. At least, I am now stocking up on cute cardigans...

Jax Cassidy Says :
5:10 PM

Lucky for me I have enough clothes to last me a few years. Some outfits I still have the price tag on it. It's one of those things that a lot of people are recycling their wardrobe, and they should. I wouldn't remember what they wore unless it was sweats and tennis shoes!

Post a Comment