Appreciating Your Muse

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: , , ,
Simply: I've been taking my muse for granted.

She used to hang around, excitedly filling my head with all kinds of creative ideas, and providing countless sleepless nights. I thought that she would always be a part of my life and never considered a time when she would abandon me...well, that time came a few months ago. I woke up one morning and realized she was nowhere to be seen. For days I worried she had enough of my stubbornness and took a sabbatical. When the days turned into weeks, then months--I knew there was a possibility she would never return. So I begged and pleaded but she refused to acknowledge my existence. What is a girl to do?

I sulked for a while and fell into a wormhole of depression but during that time without my dear muse, I found myself. I wish I could say that I did it all by my lonesome...but the truth is...I had a little help from my friends. What I discovered was that my muse contains elements of each one of my dear friends. While I was in search of one single entity, I hadn't expected that she had been waiting for me to wake up from my dream and see the truth for what it is....

Thank you dear friends for sending my muse back home to me. Without you guys, I would still be lost in that forest, devoid of creativity :) YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

And this project will be my love story to you all.

5 Responses to "Appreciating Your Muse"

Gemma Halliday Says :
11:04 AM

Yay! Glad she's back!

December Says :
1:08 PM

What a lovely shout out to your friends!

Kwana Says :
9:28 PM

What a sweet post. Nice to have friends.

Katie Reus Says :
6:10 AM

Aww, glad your muse is back :)

Post a Comment