Blast from the Past

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: , ,
I recall those college years when life was carefree and there was a whole lot of craziness going around. I can't tell you every sordid details but it was the time in my life where I could only say I would never forget or regret. So many faces, people, friends, yet I remember them all. Lately, I've been contacted by many people from my past. People I had never seen or spoken to in YEARS! Ex-boyfriends, college buddies, childhood friends...A few weeks ago I was contacted by someone from out of the blue. He was the first friend I met when I went away to Gainesville and because of him I met a whole network of people. Twelve years later he is a doctor and has a well established practice in Maryland. How strange life can be that most of these friends I've re-connected with are living the same life...they are going through divorce or are divorced. Some with children, some without. Some are successful, some still finding their own way. It's a time when a glimpse of the past tells you that the person you are now is the person you should be. I'm thankful I had good experiences. I'm thankful I had fun and took what life had to offer. I'm thankful that I can look back and know that I did those stupid, insane, exhilirating things and took those portions of youth with me...I wouldn't change a thing. Never.

So we talked for hours, going through adventures and memories, discussing who we were then and who we are now. It's so amazing that over a decade has passed and we still have this friendship, this connection. As if it was yesterday! WOW! Is all I can say. I'm going to have a reunion with the friends whom I shared crazy times with. It's going to be a bit of a surprise...seeing as I haven't changed one bit. Maybe a little more rock 'n roll and a bit more daring than before, but inside, I have only changed a fraction...for the better.

I can only see vast opportunities in my future and I am so fortunate I have shaped my own destiny in my own way. I'll continue making new memories, new friends, new love, new life...but the past will remain a teaching ground for which to grow....

2 Responses to "Blast from the Past"

Eva Gale Says :
6:13 PM

You know what to do with the aspirin, right?

Anonymous Says :
1:12 PM

I put it in rectally, right? LOL!

Post a Comment