How do you pick up the momentum?

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: ,
I've been in a funk more than usual. Some days I'm so into my writing and then all of a sudden I find myself hitting that wall.

Frankly, it's frustrating and a bit annoying.

My friends tell me I'm just overwhelmed. I think they're nuts! I'm perfectly balanced....but seriously, I think we all go through a mental hiatus whether we like it or not. I, however, think that my momentum has dropped due to my environment. That's for my 'tell-all' book when I hit it big..

This weekend I'm doing a mini writing retreat and I plan on getting as much written as possible to make up for lost time. I'm starting to feel good about things and I'm sure with my buddy and her tough-love practices, she'll kick me back into shape. Hopefully my momentum will increase and I'll be back on track. I really don't have a choice. It's sink or swim time and I'm prepared to take those long broad strokes back to Creative-ville!

So, what do you all do when you've lost your momentum? How do you pick it back up? Inquiring minds want to know....

2 Responses to "How do you pick up the momentum?"

Abigail Says :
11:50 AM

I find that it helps to just buckle down and do it. Once I start writing eventually my flow comes back. The hard part is keeping my butt in the chair long enough to start.

Suzanne Says :
10:40 PM

I would agree with Abigail. I am in a funk right now It's almost like I've been 'scraped' out, and I feel very 'thin'. But everyday I continue to work, hoping/knowing that the feeling will come back. Have you ever checked out the "Artist Way" by Julia Cameron?

Post a Comment