No kids allowed

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category:
Growing up in a big family I used to think I wanted kids...but every time I have a moment of weakness, like when I see a pampers commercial, I just have to spend thirty-seconds with my sisters and their 'devils spawn' children and I'm ready to be at the head of the line to get my ovaries removed. As I get older, I can see why most of my girlfriends in my age group have opted not to have children. Child-rearing isn't like it used to be and the ideals I grew up of well-behaved children have diminished. On any given day I can go to the grocery store and see a bunch of preteens in skintight ultra low-rise jeans with shirts shrunk two sizes to small hanging out with equally 'uncool' hip-hop-wannabe boys in their diaper style, butt-baring jeans that showcases their latest Sean Jean boxers is enough to make me want to jump out of a speeding car. I guess after this trip I have officially decided that the baby factory is closed...but if the Universe has other plans for me and motherhood comes calling unexpectedly, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it...otherwise, I'll be lounging on some exotic tropical beach sipping my Dacquiri in my two piece bikini.

7 Responses to "No kids allowed"

Anonymous Says :
1:53 AM

Maybe it's just all about the definition of childhood and adulthood. When you see kids who desperately try to look and behave like adults (or what they believe adults could be), and adults who don't behave like grown-up persons (much probably because they never really took time to have a real childhood), it's no surprise it all feels confusing.

Kristen Painter Says :
6:19 AM

Good. We can be old and childless together. lol

Louisa Edwards Says :
8:08 AM

Kids are definitely scary. We just watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last night, and I knew I was getting old when the main effect of all those teenagers running around NYC unsupervised at all hours of the night was to make me worried for them.

Jax Cassidy Says :
2:38 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love kids...when I can return them at the end of the day.

I used to have patience but I really think that as you get older, it gets harder to hold your tongue. Besides, I am starting to love the drop everything and travel bit. I've told my parents that I can always adopt if I ever decide I want to be a parent. There's enough children out there and there's a lot of love to spread if you can't have children.

me Says :
8:21 PM

I definitely want kids one day (Keyword: one day) For now, I think I'll join you, Jax, on that tropical beach in my bikini as well.

Katie Reus Says :
8:20 AM

I do want kids, but I'm waiting until I'm 31/32 at least (unless Mother Nature intervenes). People *cough, inlaws* are always asking me why we're waiting and I just grit my teeth. I'm freaking 'selfish' that's why. I enjoy spending time with my hubby. Alone. And I like wearing my two piece too, lol.

Jax Cassidy Says :
1:24 PM

Glad to see you having drinks with me Tivi.

Katie - I'm so with you... LOL

But my biological clock may stop ticking in 5 years. I'm getting a little too old to think about kids any later than 40!

Post a Comment