I did it!

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category:
My request is on the way to Kensington! I didn't bother reading over it again for fear I'd want to do a billion more changes. I stayed up last night to do final changes to the thank you letter, synopsis, etc.. So this morning I printed everything out neatly packaged and dropped it in the post office mail slot.

As I walked away I was seized with paranoia that I'd forgotten something.. but, alas, I didn't! Why is it so stressful to send out your work? It should be a happy occasion and deserves celebrating. I guess when you have so many projects out and no responses coming back to you, it does make things even more intense. I'm just hoping this one particular editor has a quick turnaround. So, not to stare blankly at my computer screen while I wait..I'm just picking up and working on more projects. I seriously have enough ideas plotted out to keep me busy.

So what does any sane person do after dropping off the most valuable piece of mail that could potentially make or break a career???... I run to Starbucks and load up on my favorite latte! Now I'm ready...

I am now going to work on a very belated Fast Draft, thanks to Candace Havens, to see how many projects I can do by December. :)

4 Responses to "I did it!"

Unknown Says :
9:30 PM

My hands shook when I handed over the full to my post office guru. It's scary stuff, but also a relief because it is out of your hands.

DD Blackman Says :
1:28 PM

Congrats Jax!!! Go get that latte and enjoy it.

Eva Gale Says :
8:26 PM

Woooooo hoooooo!

You freak. And then you rationally tell yourelf that it will do no good to fret, and you start the next thing.

Kristen Painter Says :
2:16 PM

It's all good, baby!

Post a Comment