9/11

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: , ,
It's been 6 years since the fateful day and I can tell you exactly every emotion that hit me that day.

I had been laid up in bed from a major car accident. A driver had hydroplaned from the opposite freeway and managed to hit me head on. It was a day before my birthday and two days before 9/11. Needless to say, my car was totalled when I hit the concrete median. Lucky for both of us, we were spared death.

As I was practically immobile and high on meds, I recall flipping through the channels. The first plane had just hit the Twin Towers and I couldn't figure out whether it was a movie or my brain not registering that it was a news telecast. All I felt at that moment was that I wanted to get the hell out of bed and fly to NYC to help those people. I must have cried all day because I couldn't hardly open my eyes the next morning. I couldn't turn off the tv and watched in horror the replays at least a hundred times. I couldn't stop weeping as I listened to those sad stories relived by those searching for loved ones. Knowing all these innocent people would never have a chance to say goodbye. It still feels like yesterday. It was so vivid and that day I knew my life, my views would change forever.

I still cry for those brave firefighters that risked their lives, those pedestrians who did everything in their power to help a stranger, those brave men and women who spent their last breath showing us that we should find peace....somehow, some way, we did unite as a country and I will always remember the patriotism I felt...still feel. I hope we will achieve that peace and unity....

What I took from that tragedy... LIVE LIFE. LOVE. BELIEVE. MAKE A DIFFERENCE. HELP A PERSON IN NEED. TAKE CHANCES. NEVER FORGET. NEVER GIVE UP.

0 Responses to "9/11"

Post a Comment