Where did the rain come from?

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: , , ,
LA has been raining cats and dogs lately. This freaky cold weather mixed with rain is not a good combination when it comes to open-toed shoes. I must admit, I'm a bit odd. I can wear open-toed shoes year round. In fact, I often do. Alright, alright. I do own a total of 4 pairs of close-toed shoes which includes: 2 - tennis shoes, 1 - UGGS, 1 - black furry boots. Aren't you proud! Today I am going to a birthday bash after work and decided to wear my vinyl strappy high heels with my booty hugging italian jeans and a black stretch corset. To kick it up a notch, I decided to paint my nails at 4:30 AM. Let me tell you, I suck at painting nails so early and without any coffee in my system! My friends will tell you I NEED MY COFFEE. I'm a caffeine junkie, what can I say...

I love the rain...okay, I love it more when I'm indoors and sipping my cabernet, maybe curled up to a book. Maybe curled up in someone's arms...hummmmm. Well, I drove home yesterday and at the intersection off the freeway, I looked over at my 24-hour drycleaners and caught a glimpse of their marquee. They always have the most clever quotes! This month's was brilliant! It read, "Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain." How true they are. It made me think of that painting by Jack Vettriano, The Singing Butler. What a beautiful and romantic image....The image is so haunting and passionate. When I think of being romanced, I think of this scenario and all these romantic comedies that have successfully done a dance scene in the rain.. what comes to mind? A GOOD YEAR. It was such a sweet movie and didn't do well in the theatres. Okay, I really loved it for the european countryside and vineyards, the seductive cinematography, especially whenever they showed the intimate dinner parties..intimacy of many scenes. Okay, I'm one of the few that loved FRENCH KISS, but again, there is so much beautiful scenery...makes me miss Europe. Miss those feelings it invokes of standing in the Jardin des Tuileries, miss those walks along the Parc du Champ de Mars that lead to the Eiffel Tower...winter often reminds me of the lights that illuminate and the peacefulness of my stroll. The smell of bakeries in the morning and the quiet stirrings of romance that flows through your veins...makes you feel alive.

0 Responses to "Where did the rain come from?"

Post a Comment