Lost in Transition...

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: , ,
First off..HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EDEN BRADLEY!

It's the end of the weekend and when I should be relaxing...I'm writing.

Well, I've set goals for this week and then I will seriously tackle my deadlines...I promise!

Sigh...so my CP, JamaicaChick, guilted me into signing up for the Moonlight & Magnolias Conference organized by the Georgia Romance Writers. It looks like I'm going in October. Knock on wood. I'm sad that I'll be missing my Central Florida chapter's Super Saturday event. My friend Julie did a phenomenal job of setting it up, but sadly I will be out of town. I urge new writers to attend this wonderful workshop!

Where does the transition come in?

tran·si·tion /trænˈzɪʃən, -ˈsɪʃ-/
Spelled Pronunciation[tran-zish-uhn, -sish-]
–noun
1. movement, passage, or change from one position, state, stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change: the transition from adolescence to adulthood.

Well, frankly, transitions come in all forms. Life, moving, new job, new friends, new career, new relationships...every decision we make or path we take will lead us in the direction of where we want to go. For me, I've been transitioning for the past five years. We all hear that writing is a solidary thing but these days we have the ability to mix being alone and being with others--virtually.

Confused? We have the power of technology and the internet to keep us connected. We've got blogs, forums, email, yahoogroups, etc. There's no way not to communicate and there's always an opportunity to interact. Even when I'm on deadline, I know I can pick up the phone and call one of my fabulous girl friends. Wherever they are, whatever they're doing, they will be there to cheer me on, kick my butt, or give me a virtual shoulder to cry on. It's not such an empty place when you know you've got someone who is going through the same transitions, but in their own way. Every author has a small level of insecurity whether they're successful or just starting out. The best part of being lost in this perpetual transitioning is that I get to share this with these women who I've had the fortune of meeting. It's a matter of reaching out, opening yourself up, and putting a little trust in the people who will most likely be with you to the end.

Embrace transition, don't fear it.

This song ALMOST LOVER from A Fine Frenzy inspired me to write one of my upcoming contemporary proposals. It's so touching...sad....

0 Responses to "Lost in Transition..."

Post a Comment