Back to basics

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category:
Been a while since I've done anything artistic. I miss the smell of acrylics, twisting open the cap and inhale the scent of fresh paints...I love sinking my fingers in the colors and messing up the perfect color spectrum, feel the dripping liquid touch my skin when mixed with water and it makes me feel alive. Like I have just woken up from a dream. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. The reality was that I got some art pencils and a sketch pad over the weekend and finally put it to good use. I haven't drawn freehand in ages and it was such an incredible feeling to create. The images I drew came out so naturally that it felt like being ten again. I couldn't believe that I still had the ability to draw! Now, I've decided that I'm going to move from paper to something more interesting. Maybe practice on my watercolors and move on from there. I miss art shows and I miss seeing it hanging up at cafes or galleries...I'm very estatic about the prospect of making art. It's better than sex! Well, almost. LOL

I should be sleeping but this hacking cough sucks. I feel like my chest is going to explode. I must have guzzled a gallon of Nyquil, but it hasn't kicked in! So what the heck am I doing? I am watching 'The Last Comic Standing' and it makes me want to try it. Maybe I'll take a class on it. Someone I knew took something like that to get over her fear of public speaking...but that's another story. Why am I watching tv when I should have been napping? I'm just jazzed up for some screwed up reason. Okay, 10:23 PM isn't that late but I really should be off to bed...jeez, I'm going!

0 Responses to "Back to basics"

Post a Comment