Is it me?

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: , ,
Or are the Gods punishing me during New Years '08? I had bronchitis for the US New Years and now I've caught a bloody cold! Sneezing. Sniffly, runny nose. Cough. Stuffy Head. Gotta check my temperature for a fever. NO! This can't happen to me because I have a busy week scheduled ahead! I've probably taken enough Vitamin C to turn orange and popped cold medicine like it's going out of style. I think I can kick this bug....I think I can, I think I can...

I rented movies and laid in bed most of the morning. My first pick was the Jane Austen Book Club. Who doesn't love Jane Austen? I've been wanting to see it in the theatres and by the time I was free to go, it was out on DVD. I can say I really enjoyed the movie. Perfect movie for someone who was wallowing in bed with a box of kleenex. Why not cry while I'm at it? That's what these movies are for and I haven't cried in a long time...I could sit up and write the whole synopsis to the movie, but the message I got was: 1. Follow your heart and it will lead you to where you need to be 2. Make wise decisions because if you react without trying you're only going to f*%$ it up even more 3. Everyone deserves a second chance if they've seen their errors and want to improve upon their character 4. Live life and love with passion even if it's fleeting, the memories are lifelong... and the final point? Jane Austen was brilliant! Enough said.

Books by Jane Austen

Emma
Lady Susan
Mansfield Park
Northanger Abbey
Persuasion
Pride and Prejudice (My favorite - Who doesn't love Mr. Darcy?)
Sense and Sensibility

3 Responses to "Is it me?"

Heather Says :
12:51 AM

This sounds like a good movie, one I might enjoy. As for the books, I didn't care for Emma, but recently finished Mansfield park and loved it, and am now reading Persuasion - just trying to catch up on a few classics I missed.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous Says :
11:16 AM

Hi Jax,
Sounds like a great movie. I hope you feel better real soon!
I'm tagging you! Check out my blog to see what it's all about!
Stephanie

Jax Cassidy Says :
12:08 PM

Heather:
I'm feeling much better today. I haven't read Mansfield Park in a while so I'll have to check it out. I actually liked Emma, but not as much as I love Pride & Predudice. It's hard to make time for reading but every once in a while you just need a dose of the classics!

Steph:
Thanks for the tag! Gosh, now I have to actually do it. I'm bad at these things :)

Post a Comment