Happy Labor Day weekend!

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category:
I've been having a lot of dreams lately. It's one of those things where it feels so real that when I wake up I can't seem to separate the dream state from the reality...This was just an odd weekend for me altogether.

Unfortunately, I wish I was dreaming in this case...You see, my life is nothing interesting without the occasional freakish incidents that plagues me every once in a while...

So, I'm at Wally World Friday night shopping with my sister. We are trying to kill time before picking up my brother-in-law at the airport on the midnight flight. I'm minding my own business as I look at items on the end cap of the aisle when WHOOSH!--this lady comes flying at me from out of nowhere, not paying any attention as she chats away. Next thing you know, she tripped me and I go rolling on the concrete floor. Okay, I wasn't expecting to be kissing the floor...but I realize I've fallen and think I'm dreaming...Not so. I look up at the woman and a bit dazed, in serious back and butt pain, and all I can do is just stare. Her idiotic husband is pushing the cart, just rolling past me, and he looks down and says "What's she doing on the floor?". The woman mumbles how clumsy she is and the couple proceed to quickly check out their purchases and take off like a rocket. Do they stop to offer any assistance? NO. Do they appear concerned or ask me if I have a concussion or broken bones? NO. I'm left sprawled on the floor like a moron and my sister ends up helping me up. What's wrong with people these days!!!! I finally limp over to a nearby seat like the Hunchback of Notre Dame and a cashier calls the manager. Totally humiliated and pissed off at this point. I am given an ice pack and a cushion for my toosh and then I'm faced with filling an injury report while I'm in so much pain I can't even think straight. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the night with an ice pack on my ass. :( WHY ME!!! Sigh.

I've spent 90% of the day in bed and annoyed. Feeling achy and crappy. The rain didn't help me with the aches and I didn't get any work done. Life is just peachy. I had a couple of freelance work assignments that I had to postpone. Aaaaaaargh. Yes, everyone does have those embarrassing moments..and although I can laugh about all this...I am more concerned that this is a prime example that in today's society, some people no longer have any common courtesy or decency anymore. How hard is it to care? I guess I'm just surprised how people could be so selfish and don't have the guts to own up to their mistakes. I'm not perfect, but I would have certainly made sure the person I knocked down was okay. It doesn't take that much time or energy...sniff.

On a last note...I am still in good spirits and I wish everyone a happy, safe, and wonderful time spent with your families!!!!

0 Responses to "Happy Labor Day weekend!"

Post a Comment