I can't believe...

Author: Jax Cassidy // Category: , ,
John Hughes died.

Sniff. Sniff.

I grew up on Pretty In Pink, Ferris Bueller, Breakfast Club...gosh--who will make such great cult classics as those again?

About eight years ago I worked for a director/producer in Hollywood who really made me love John Hughes even more than I already did. My boss had worked with John on a number of projects including Some Kind of Wonderful. I think I totally related to those movies at a young age--I was all angsty and going through puberty so those movies made me feel better about myself. One of the best things about working in the movie industry is that you get firsthand info from the people you work for. It was so nice to hear stories about the set, the actor who was originally supposed to be the lead actor before they picked Eric Stoltz, the antics, the craziness--I even got to touch an original script! ...But most of all, it made me feel like I was taking part on a John Hughes flick. I never got to meet John, which is a shame, but I never stopped feeling proud whenever I came across one of his movies.

What a great loss! I know that everything he did will still be around for years to come...I've always embraced my inner geek since the moment I discovered him!

3 Responses to "I can't believe..."

Abigail Says :
7:23 PM

I loved all his movies! He will be missed.

Kwana Says :
11:01 PM

It's so sad. I also grew up on his movies. Loved Pretty in Pink.

Jax Cassidy Says :
10:28 AM

I loved Pretty In Pink. There's something just awesome about the girl from the wrong side of the tracks falling for a rich kid who isn't the typical....I never get tired of those movies or books.

Post a Comment